[ubuntu-us-ut] Utah Open Source Conference - User Group Discount Code

Christer Edwards christer.edwards at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 03:53:36 BST 2010

Team -

It's that time again! The Utah Open Source Conference registration is
now open, and with it comes the benefits of being active members of a
Linux Users Group. I have three options for members of our team. They
are as follows:

1) Enjoy the benefits of being part of our user group and get %50 off
the full access pass using the code 'UBUNT'. If you register before
Sept 25th, this discount makes the full cost only $35! Beyond that
date registration goes up and discounted cost would be $50. Head over
to http://attend.utosc.com to register, before the cost goes up!

2) Volunteer in the Ubuntu booth for a minimum of 5hrs for a FREE full
access pass. This includes representing the team at the booth, handing
out CDs, fielding questions about Ubuntu, etc. These positions are
limited, and are first-come-first-served. If you'd like to volunteer
your time, please contact me to reserve your spot.

3) Volunteer at the GNOME booth for a minimum of 5hrs for a FREE full
access pass. This includes representing the GNOME Foundation,
demonstrating the GNOME desktop, etc. These positions are limited, and
are first-come-first-served. If you'd like to volunteer your time,
please contact me to reserve your spot.

Being a volunteer is a great way to get a FREE pass, but it does
require dedication on your part. You may have to miss a few
presentations (although we're generally pretty flexible about that),
and you'll need to be able to interact with and answer questions from
the general public. If you're comfortable with that, or you're willing
to go out of your comfort zone and give it a try, contact me directly
and we'll work out our list of volunteers.

I hope to see everyone at the conference. I've attended each year
since the beginning, and it just keeps getting better and better!
Don't miss it!

To find out more about the conference, speakers and schedule, see:
http://2010.utosc.com/

Christer