[ubuntu-us-ut] UTOS Conference

bmac2 at maildragon.com bmac2 at maildragon.com
Tue Sep 22 06:23:59 BST 2009

OK, I haven't attended the Ubuntu Users Group in a while, so I have no
idea who is in charge of it anymore.

I am the program manager for the UTOS Conference.  We have been sending
out emails asking LUGs to support our conference, and specifically we
have been begging LUGS to have their meeting at the conference to
promote their lugs.  Very few have taken advantage of that.

What I really need from whoever is in charge of this group anymore is a
commitment to spend 5 minutes on the Thursday community day of the
conference giving a short who we are and here is when we meet, what we
do, etc.  Bring a handout to give out that says when and where you meet,
etc.  This 5 minutes is yours free to promote the group.

Please email me back with who is going to take this opportunity.  We
spend a ton of effort supporting the local LUGs, and we need some
support shown for our conference.

Barry McCormick
Program Manager
UTOS