[ubuntu-us-ut] Jaunty CDs Requested

Aaron Toponce aaron.toponce at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 15:18:25 BST 2009

Trevor Sharpe wrote:
> So most likely we will not be getting 64-bit PC CD's?

The 64-bit will most likely be the server CDs. They did this with 8.10,
and I guess it makes some sense. The average consumer computer that
would be running a desktop operating system is likely to be 32-bit,
while the server market is vastly 64-bit. So, rather than ship 64-bit
desktop CDs, just install the 64-bit "server' CD, and install the
"ubuntu-desktop" package, or something similar to get your GUI. IIRC,
the -server kernel package ships with SMP support while the -generic
does not. Correct me if I'm wrong.
--
                       _
Aaron Toponce         ( )  ASCII Ribbon Campaign