[ubuntu-us-ut] Sept 12 Meeting

Larry Hedrick lhedrick at mountaindogs.net
Wed Jan 9 21:09:22 GMT 2008

Aaron,

Just want people new to open source to feel welcome and that no
question is a bad question.  I have been around software engineers for
30 years.  There are times we put people off without even knowing it.
It often seems to be a binary/boolean thing.  We often answer yes or
no when people are looking for a little more.

My apologies on the RTFM reference.  It wasn't directly at you.  But,
I am sure you have heard it as many times as I have.

In the last 5 years I have done a lot of work with non-computer
people.  The need help and open sources can do just that.  They just
don't know a lot and are looking for help.  I have seen a lot of
people walk away from open office when all they need was little help.

After reading my last post, the content should have been better.

Larry