[ubuntu-us-ut] Utah Open Source Conference thoughts

Thad Van Ry thad at linuxnetadmin.com
Wed Sep 12 21:56:09 BST 2007

On 9/12/07, Bryan Petty <bryan at ibaku.net> wrote:
> And this is why you went to a conference where you knew that "anybody
> that paid more than $55 for the conference didn't try to get a
> discount code"? Both you and Clint are complete hypocrites. It's easy
> enough to preach about higher prices when you're making money from the
> conference, not spending it. The two people supporting this $200+
> concept are Clint, who runs the conference, and you, who works for
> Guru Labs, one of the sponsors of the conference.

I feel I need to clear up a few personal accusations here. I am not an
employee of Guru Labs. I was previously employed there, however, I had
left my employment there before they made the decision to be a sponsor
of the Utah Open Source Conference. I personally received no monetary
gain from the Utah Open Source Conference.

If you believe that I support the $200+ concept, you obviously did not
read my entire e-mail.

Thad

P.S. There's a utos e-mail list?