[ubuntu-us-ut] Local info for minimal install.

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Tue Sep 11 01:28:26 BST 2007

I did a minimal installation (under a GB) and seem to have missed some
locale information. I get:

root at issola:~# perl -e 'print "hello\n";'
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
        LANGUAGE = (unset),
        LC_ALL = (unset),
        LANG = "en_US.UTF-8"
hello
root at issola:~# pre locales
belocs-locales-bin-2.4-2ubuntu2--i386
locales-2.3.23--all
util-linux-locales-2.12r-17ubuntu2--all
root at issola:~# locale -a
locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_COLLATE to default locale: No such file or directory
POSIX

The warnings are minor but obnoxious. How do I get rid of them?