[ubuntu-us-ut] How to get Acroread on Gutsy?

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Sat Oct 27 19:04:13 BST 2007

On Sat, Oct 27, 2007 at 11:38:54AM -0600, Colby W. wrote:
> On 10/27/07, Charles Curley <charlescurley at charlescurley.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Go to adobe.com and download the .deb package for Acrobat Reader 8.
> >
> > Thanks. I did so. It wants some package called (approximately)
> > libgtkembedmoz, which I also cannot find. It puts up a gastly window
> > which is entirely blank, and which stays up until you shut down the
> > reader.
> >

> Go in the reader preferences and set the location for libgtkembedmoz
> in the field where it asks for it (under Internet or browser)
> [/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so]

Thanks.

For some reason I could not locate the library when I tried it
earlier. This time I did find it (Murphy rulz!). It wants the
directory of the library, not the library itself, so you want to put
/usr/lib/firefox/ into the field. For the browser, it wants the fully
qualified path and file name, e.g. /usr/bin/firefox.