[ubuntu-us-ut] Mutt on Gutsy Gibbon

Christer Edwards christer.edwards at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 25 20:45:55 BST 2007

On Thu Oct 25, 2007 at 09:58:37AM -0600, Charles Curley wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 03:13:22PM -0600, Charles Curley wrote:
> > I am moving from Fedora to Ubuntu 7.10. I've hit a minor snag setting
> > up mutt. It has a variable, mailboxes. Give that a list of mail boxes,
> > and it will watch all of them for incoming mail. This works fine on
> > Fedora, but I don't see it happening on 7.10. Is there any
> > application, like a biff program, running in the background that might
> > be changing the last access time for the mail files?
>
> It would appear that the tracker daemon is the culprit. Shutting that
> down let mailboxes work correctly.

Interesting.  I was going to say that I hadn't run into problems on my
machine but on the same note I run my mutt instance on a central server
and connect via ssh... and that machine doesn't run tracker or anything
else.  It's on an Ubuntu 6.06.1 server installation.

Thanks for figuring that out though, good to know.