Using LILO with Ubuntu

Vincen Collins vincencollins at yahoo.com
Fri May 4 14:30:14 BST 2007

I have been dealing with mounting the cd/dvd drive since I installed Ubuntu.  The work around for now is to set acpi=off but I have read some threads that indicate that grub is actually the cause of the problem.  They suggest trying LILO instead but I am a little worried about changing the boot loader.  Does anyone have experience using LILO with Ubuntu or am I in for a world of hurt?  Any feedback would be appreciated.

Vincen

Vincen Collins
Cell:   303-880-7481
Email:  vincencollins at yahoo.com