Quickbooks 2005

Michael Moore stuporglue at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 22:18:00 GMT 2007

> Tristan Rhodes wrote:
> > Here is the information that the Wine Application Database has about
> > Quickbooks 2005:
> >
> > http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=3245
> >
> > Looks like that version does not work at all with Wine.
> >

> who cares?

Lots of people do.

Retraining a secretary or a group of secretaries who already know how
to use Quickbooks to use Gnu Cash is going to be much more work and
cost much more money than will ever be saved by using Gnu Cash.

And if you have years of financial data that you need access to in
Quickbook format, then that's another important consideration.

> I find using Gnu Cash, combined with a spreadsheet for my
> own analysis, does just fine.  And for payroll, it's far cheaper (time &
> attention) and easier to outsource it to ADP or PayChex.

Probably true in your case (and in mine, as a matter of fact), but it
probably not true for everyone.

--
Michael Moore