[Fwd: Herd 3 released]

Michael Moore stuporglue at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 12:50:39 GMT 2007

> I thought some of you might be interested in seeing this.  I'm going to
> do some testing over the weekend.  If you've got a free machine & some
> time why not give Herd 3 a try & see what can be improved.  Thanks.

Well, I upgraded my wife's machine and X promptly refused to start. I
take it BulletProofX didn't make it into Feisty?

After fixing X, there seem to be some nice changes. While I personally
liked the separated preferences/administration menus, I think the new
Control Center will be more logical to most people.

The new network manager will also help quite a lot. :-)

Good stuff.

--
Michael Moore