[ubuntu-us-ut] Someone is re-writing my /etc/resolv.conf

Joseph Hall joseph at thatworks.com
Thu Dec 20 19:16:54 GMT 2007

IF you were running Red Hat (and I realize that you're not) then you
could edit the config file for that interface (i.e.
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0) and add a line that says
"PEERDNS=no". That would tell the dhcp client not to overwrite the
/etc/resolv.conf file.

But you're not running Red Hat. You're running Ubuntu, and it uses a
single /etc/network/interfaces file for all of the interfaces. But I'm
90% certain there's a similar option in Ubuntu. Perhaps the Ubuntu
Utah folk would know?

--
Joseph
http://blog.josephhall.com/