Adobe Reader for 64bit

jtaber jtaber at johntaber.net
Sun Nov 19 01:06:59 GMT 2006

Huh?  I don't know about copying/pasting since pdf is an image (and we
modify those in GIMP) but Evince's rendering has never caused any
problems for us, even with detailed drawings saved as pdf's - maybe
you've got an older version - I'm using Dapper's version.   Without
doing time tests, all I can say is that on Dapper, Acrobat was
definitely noticeably slower, (on all of our laptops) and getting rid of
it as the default reader is pretty involved (there's a wiki or thread on
this).

If you prefer Acrobat reader, that's your choice, but Evince works well
(and if you know of some errors they should get reported as bugs).