O'Reilly Program

Christer Edwards christer.edwards at ubuntu.com
Fri Nov 10 19:19:20 GMT 2006

I received some great news this morning that I wanted to share with
everyone.  I've been waiting for this for some time and am excited to
see its finally come through.

O'Reilly Books has accepted Ubuntu Utah as part of their UG (User Group)
program.  We are one of only two Ubuntu groups accepted to this program
thus far.  This offers us free review copies of books and high discounts
as group members on orders.

Group members receive 35% discounts on O'Reilly, No Starch, Paraglyph,
PC Publishing, Pragmatic, Bookshelf, SitePoint, syngress or YoungJin
products purchased directly from O'Reilly.

If you would like to purchase O'Reilly books using this discount use the
code "DSUG".  Orders can be placed online at
http://www.oreilly.com/store/ or by phone at 800-998-9938.

I will also periodically be submitting a list of books and manuals
available for group review, and these will be sent at no charge.  I will
have some more details on this at tomorrows meeting.

Thanks again everyone for contributing and helping this group grow.  I
appreciate all of your efforts and I honestly feel we are making a
change here in Utah.

--

Christer Edwards
Founder, Ubuntu Utah