Boot from CD

Dan Healy dfhealy at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 17:22:49 UTC 2013

I am starting from Ubuntu 12.04.  I went to Ubuntu.com and downloaded 12.04
and followed their instructions to burn the CD.  All of the messages talked
about burning the CD.  I have in my Downloads folder the file
ubuntu-12.04.2-desktop-i386.iso.  How do I get that to a CD that will boot?

Thanks, Dan H