MySQL with Ubuntu 12.04

Dan Healy dfhealy at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 15:21:35 UTC 2012

I am trying to port my application from Ubuntu 10.04 to Ubuntu 12.04 and
cannot make MySQL work as expected.  The database dump sql from 10.04
apparently loaded into MySQL on 12.04 correctly.  The privileges sql seemed
to run to completion OK but I couldn't connect any user other than root.

I went to the command line, opened MySQL as root, selected the database to
use and granted privileges to another user.  That worked OK.  I tried to
open MySQL as this new user and got an Access denied message.  Any ideas on
what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Dan H.