Hello from Ubuntu-ve

Nelson José Delgado nelson at ubuntu.org.ve
Mon Mar 22 15:17:56 GMT 2010

Hi there!... my name is Nelson Delgado. I'm not a member of the Ubuntu Texas
LoCo Team but I've been following your mailing list for a while as I do on
other en lists just to catch up on what's happening on the Ubuntu movement
worldwide. Right now (at least until May, when new elections are coming) I
am one of the Local Contacts for Ubuntu-ve (Venezuelan LoCo Team), and it
would be our pleasure to share some of our experiences with you guys.

We've been an Official LoCo Team for about 3 years and have been through
many ups and downs, and have had victories and defeats in this time, but
have been able to work it out and are able to present a positive balance of
Install-Fests, Release Parties, conferences and booths at mayor FOSS
events... if we can help out in anything, just ask, that's what Ubuntu
communities are for!!

About the Texas Linux Fest, just remember that if Cannonical is going to be
present, there's no need to promote Ubuntu, just try to promote the Texas
Team and let visitors know that:

-THERE IS a local community!
-If you install *ubuntu on your machine...YOU'RE NOT ALONE!!, just around
the corner there are other people just like you and me willing to help out.
-You don't have to be a geek in order to be a part of the team...EVERYBODY
IS WELCOME!

Well good luck to the Ubuntu Texas Team, and betting that your star will
shine at all the events you assist.

If you people send me the Texas Team Logo, I can give you a hand with the
team banner.  And by the way, Banio Carpenter, Cecilia Calabria and friends
(they wrote to this mailing list) have a lot of experience in this type of
events, they can be very helpful.

Nelson

--
Linux Registered User Nº 414305