Texas Team formation

matthew byers faintstlsaint at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 17:24:00 BST 2010

I like all the activities that Skip just put out. Those are exaclty what a
loco should be doing and its a great idea. So lets turn it from an idea to a
plan. For example a few members from the killeen group will be meeting up
this weekend. From that meeting we will be coming up with
ideas/thoughts/events for the killeen team to get involved in. I have no
issue with taking a trip to austin to get involved in the austin loco events
or dallas events. It just taks some dedicated personnel to step up and
maintain these timelines to the rest of texas so that we can be an actual
Texas Loco. There needs to be established Leads for the team also. We should
have a tree type structure. The Lead of Texas Loco....then the individual
team leads, IE: Austin team lead, Houston team lead, killeen team lead. This
will allow us to have direct personnel to contact to learn info of the
teams, plan events, and have personnel to hold accountable for the activity
of the team. I also would suggest a mass texas team personnel meeting. Lets
get together and find out who is who. All teams: Austin, Dallas, Houston,
Killeen, etc. Lets meetup and start moving toward a planned team. Also i
suggest that those who are in favor of Texas becoming a loco team should
dwell in the actual texas team irc channel: #ubuntu-us-tx so we can all be
on the same page of info sharing. Just a few thoughts on the subject.

God Bless