Changing bot nick

matthew byers faintstlsaint at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 03:34:18 GMT 2010

Team,
Well it seems we have had a sort of nick collision with the folks down in
the #latex and #context channels. Seems they originally had the nick of
TexBot but never registered it on freenode...then we started using it for
our bot. Well they have built their entire channels for support around this
bot and the maker of the bot came to texas channel and politely asked to
have the nick back. So its down to a vote on either keeping the nick TexBot
or voting on another nick. We were using Tex there for last week but the
nick TXbot has been brought up also. So this email is to ask for input on
new nick names and voting on new nick. This will be open for two days then a
decision shall be reached on wed.
Thanks

--
God Bless