Possible State Meeting Solutions

matthew byers faintstlsaint at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 13:31:14 GMT 2009

I have no issue with using wave but we must remember that it is beta and i
dont know how many of you have used wave but it is very slow in response of
writing. Also a moderated room is for a reason...our past meeting has easily
shown how quickly a meeting can get out of hand and become disordered and
pointless...thus moderation was what was needed and as we see the meeting
became focused again. Also in wave there is alot room for distraction and
crosstalk. everybody can start multiple convo's with others and cause a big
mess of things...also how would logging go...IE: whos gonna retype all that
out in wiki format?????
just a few things to think about.
 Dec 13, 2009 at 10:41 AM, Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal-pc.org> wrote:

> Daniel Stone wrote:
> > Dear Texas Team,
> >
> > It has been discussed previously that the IRC channel
> > is hard to manage meetings. Or can become one-sided
> > due to moderation. I would suggest on meetings we
> > might use something other than the current IRC because
> > of technological limits.
> >
> > What I would propose is simply using google wave
> > or dimdim. The reason why-- these would offer a
> > greater flexibilty in the conversation plus allow
> > simple voting and document presentation techniques
> > not available using IRC.
> I agree with your point, but that is yet another application to learn.
> How about several regional meetings teleconferenced?  For example, on
> Cienday, December 35th, we have meetings in Houston, Dallas, Austin (or
> CenTex), and Amarillo.  We tie them together with several Web cams and
> mics to have all the meetings together.  Or limit it to two cities to
> make it easier to manage...
>                        Lee

God Bless