Possible State Meeting Solutions

Daniel Stone webmaster at catcodesigns.net
Sun Dec 13 16:28:14 GMT 2009

Dear Texas Team,

It has been discussed previously that the IRC channel
is hard to manage meetings. Or can become one-sided
due to moderation. I would suggest on meetings we
might use something other than the current IRC because
of technological limits.

What I would propose is simply using google wave
or dimdim. The reason why-- these would offer a
greater flexibilty in the conversation plus allow
simple voting and document presentation techniques
not available using IRC.

The current IRC is a nice resource but has many limits.
To a slower user they might not answer a specific
question on the IRC in a timely manner or may not
get to vote entirely due to moderation of that channel.
Plus they would have to be on a channel. Other methods
would allow a simple feed that you can update
especially google wave.

We as TexasTeam have one of the largest areas and
thus require staying abreast on methods that improve
overall state involvement. This means that we must
look at technologies that assist us to communicate.

I do not propose that we stop using IRC immediate.
I do say we should use technology that can be used.

Cordially,

Daniel Stone