Texas-Ubuntu.org webmaster

Nathan Willis nwillis at glyphography.com
Thu Feb 14 03:00:11 GMT 2008

I wonder why nitpicking isn't on that list.

Speaking of which ... we need to be more specific regarding the license
terms than just "Creative Commons" -- CC publishes a whole slate of
licenses.

To get technical, if we want logos (or other artwork) to be mixable with
free software, we probably want to specify the Attribution
ShareAlike<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/>license
(CC-BY-SA).

To get very, very technical, we might also want it to be dual licensed, with
GPL the other option, though that's not likely to come up.

But let's not get that technical.
Nate

On Feb 13, 2008 6:28 PM, Loye Young <loye.young at iycc.net> wrote:

> >As my first movement as webmaster, I will declare that I rock!
>
> Larry Wall is famous for his statement: "Three great virtues of
> programming are laziness, impatience, and hubris." If he's right, the
> Boy Wonder is a prodigy in the making! Brandon certainly has
> impatience and hubris.
>
> Laziness will come with age. It did for me, anyway. :-D
>
> Loye Young

nathan.p.willis
nwillis at glyphography.com
aim/ym/gtalk:n8willis