[Ubuntu-US] New Dallas LoCo Team Leader

Belinda A. Lopez dinda at mac.com
Fri Oct 5 16:26:24 BST 2007

Hi Brandon,
   great to have you stepping you to replace Shawn.  I'm Belinda from
the Houston Team.  I'm very interested in trying to coordinate our
efforts to move forward with the Texas Team approval process.  I'm
hoping that based on the strength of the Dallas and Houston teams we
can gain approval of the Texas.  Next week I'm going to finally get
my blog out on Planet Ubuntu and begin a formal call for all Texas
city teams to try to move forward under the new state Team umbrella.
We've had resistance from local members who feel that a state team
does not meet their needs and in many ways I agree.  But after
meeting with Jono Bacon, the Ubuntu Community Mgr. and then Christer
Edwards, of the US Teams project, I think we can get the umbrella
team sorted out and still have the strong city teams to serve the
local communities.  The Texas Team is more of an organizational team
rather than active Loco Team and will serve as a first contact for
anyone looking for more info on getting involved in local chapters.
It will also serve as a bridge between the various Texas city teams.

Let me know if this approach seems acceptable and any other thoughts
you might have on what we can do to help serve the Dallas Team.

Belinda Lopez
Galveston, Texas
dinda at ubuntu.com