[UbuntuDallas] New Members!!

Scott M. Keeth smkeeth at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 13:25:11 UTC 2011

Hi Linden and everyone else. I live in Glenn Heights, which is about 20
miles south of downtown Dallas down I-35. I now have my Compaq desktop
computer configured to dual boot into either Windows 7 (my work requires use
of MS Visio and MS Word 2007) or Ubuntu 10.10, and I have a Dell laptop with
only Ubuntu 10.10 installed on it. I sold a new Toshiba laptop because I
could not get the sound to work in Ubuntu. I will be looking to replace the
Dell laptop with one that has better speakers (such as Altec Lansing) if I
can find one where all the hardware works with Ubuntu. I have used various
flavors of Linux off and on for at least 10 years. I'm a former MCSE, but
have decided that open source is the way to go.

--
Scott M. Keeth
smkeeth at gmail.com