[UbuntuDallas] howdy

n8marti at gmail.com n8marti at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 19:21:48 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

I'd like to introduce myself to the group, whoever you are out there.  My
name is Nate, and I am what I would call a soft-core geek.  That is, I don't
have any programming skills but I'm willing to be adventurous with my
computer and willing to educate myself about the Linux (and open-source)
world.  I would like for non-geeks to fully understand the benefits (and
consequences) of using Ubuntu so that those who "qualify" can make the
switch.  You'll have to ask me about who I think qualifies.

I live in Duncanville with my wife and child-to-be and I have a full-time
job, so my involvement with Ubuntu comes at least third in my priority list.

Nate