[UbuntuDallas] irc

Daniel VanStone webmaster at catcodesigns.net
Wed Sep 22 13:25:48 BST 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-22 at 06:07 -0500, Alan Howell wrote:
> Nice blog and post. :)
Thank You

> IRC isn't really my thing.
Nor mine really
>  I quickly forget about it and notice it is still running days later.
> lol
>
> IMO, the issue is not leadership
IMO it is the leader is the one who pokes and prods and pushes to keep
the thing going. Not the peon or newb have to stoke the fire to get some
reaction.
>  - I've met some amazing folks that will be reading this in a few
> hours.
> Last year, at the Texas meeting in Irving(? forgot where it was lol
maybe the coffee shop in Arlington?
> ) I think JJNova said that he felt he was alone but was working very
> hard for this group.
JJNova said at that time area plans and afterward it just lost attention
or simply there was no discussion here.
> Indeed, he was very passionate at the time - I suspect he still is.
IMO the passion has not been reflected in his activity
> Below are my personal interests in being involved in an "Ubuntu"
> group.
> 1. Be involved in local Linux projects for personal/group recognition
> and advancement
IMO this is a must for the team members to grow because if I keep
blinders on as to what is current with linux as a whole then it hinder
my knowledge both personally and as a member of a team.
#1 would be crucial to having this ability. Without the mere fact of
being there how would I influence.
> 3. Advocate for FOSS software
> 4. Participate in an effective networking environment for professional
> and personal growth
These are great goal personally and professionally. I think that if the
team used them it would grow by leaps and bounds

> I've stated them here to see if they align with the goals of the team.
>
> Regards,
> Alan

Alan great post!
I do not know what the overall goal is either as things have been
inactive for quite some time.

to:Whoever is the admin of this list

Please correct the reply to field I see that others also have to cc the
list in replies

Cordially,

Daniel VanStone