[UbuntuDallas] irc

Alan Howell alan.howell at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 15:10:41 BST 2010

I tried earlier in another thread to say this: IRC is dead.
http://www.google.com/trends?q=irc+chat%2C+internet+relay+chat&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0

IMO, IRC will not get new users nor will it spread the word and be an
effective communication medium going forward.
It is great and amazing for meetings and personal session fun, but does not
communicate to the masses.

We should consider using new social media for our group. I'd like to get my
hands on diaspora - that might be a fun project.
http://www.joindiaspora.com/

My opinion. Like all opinions, probably stinks as well. lol

Regards,
Alan