[UbuntuDallas] Who all is out here?

Daniel VanStone webmaster at catcodesigns.net
Tue Sep 21 12:19:55 BST 2010

Hello Linux Users and Ubuntu Dallas,

I hope that this is taken in the right light but there was an event just
this past Saturday
http://www.dallasmakerspace.com/wiki/Software_Freedom_Day_2010
and I attended but seen no mention on this list as I myself only found
out about it less than 48 hour before.

This seems to be the prime issue in itself. Simply people not informed
of what else is going on in the area. There could be an event nearby but
there is no events for Texas list for others to drop in and see quickly
if something is happening.

Ubuntu is a decent distro of Linux but if it a sole focus to only
consolidate with other same distro users, ubuntu users in the end are
the ones who will go thier own path, I say that is not fair to the users
or or the linux community as a whole.

How do expect to share ideas or conversation or learn more? If you have
this method of event discovery.

Yes we have a state team that does the same thing. There should not have
to be a 'roll call' in order to make a list work. It should work for
discussion as well as event plans.

Recent post to this list gave me the impression that it is not used and
not read. I say this after the response from the list in August
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-us-tx-dallas/2010-August/thread.html
. If we are trying to become a better community then it should not
matter if the event is a ubuntu meetup, geeknic or any geekspace event
we should keep it alive ↠here↞ as this is the conversational area for
such.

Don't let it be a distro thing let it be a software or even better a
community thing. While far north Dallas is an area that many my reside
from let us just join in a team effort to keep the team going.
Especially since the Dallas Team is supposed to incorporate all of DFW.

The conversation actually started with derande suggesting a meetup in
Fort Worth. Fairness would suggest that to be a good place.

Cordially,

Daniel VanStone

some of my other posts went straight to the other members. Maybe the
reply to on the mailman admin needs attention.