[UbuntuDallas] hello

Gary Beach glbeach at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 00:30:40 GMT 2010

Hi,

Well, I'm new to the game, but a big advocate of Ubuntu.  I've just recently
changed companies and am in training sessions away from the metroplex
currently, but expect to return soon and hope to be involved in the Ubuntu
and Linux communities in our area.

For what it's worth, I've been using an iPhone - which requires either an
Apple or Microsoft operating system to synch.  Fortunately, Ubuntu 10.10 has
available VirtualBox (Vbox).  The version included on the distro is an OSE
and DOES NOT support USB and so forth.  Go to the Virtual Box website and
download the install for the PUEL - Personal Use / Evaluation License for
your Linux release and install it.  Now I can go ahead and run my Ubuntu
desktop and - when necessary - invoke a virtual image of Microsoft XP to
synch my iPhone.

So, that's what's going on with me.

Cheers,
Beach