[UbuntuDallas] Sound issues

Juan Collao collao at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 15 20:08:27 GMT 2010

One thing I noticed with my laptop is that it mutes after a restart sometimes. In those cases I have to go to the system volume to increase the volume. Also, keep in mind that there are two things that control the volume:

1. The system volume (Ubuntu) and
2. The volume control for the appplication that you are trying to use (like Movie Player).

If one of those is set to mute, you won't hear anything. Be sure to check both volume controls.

Juan