[UbuntuDallas] Video issues

Juan Collao collao at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 9 06:02:21 GMT 2010

Wow! Very interesting. I changed the webcam's USB ports and then I ran
"sudo lsusb". The list of USB devices didn't change and the webcam still
didn't work. Then I restarted and ran "sudo lsusb" again. Sure enough,
the list changed and now my webcam works! Apparently USB devices work
when you plug them before you start the computer.

I tried Kaffeine again and it still doesn't pick up the TV device, even
though Linux does. Hmmm... Still stuck.

Any other ideas?

Regards,

Juan