[UbuntuDallas] Video issues

Brandon Perry bperry.volatile at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 12:56:08 GMT 2010

If you `cat /dev/urandom`, you get a screen print our of the data being
generated by /dev/urandom. If you `cat /dev/<video-device>`, you will see
the data the device is dealing with. The `> file.mpg` is just saying
redirect the data to this file rather than stdout (the terminal screen in
your case). It will be difficult to tell you which device is your tv card,
that is something the forums can most definitely help with. Be sure to give
them list of devices on your system and what you are looking for.

http://www.volatileminds.net