[UbuntuDallas] Video issues

Juan Collao collao at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 7 01:44:01 GMT 2010

Funny how you mentioned that you were not able to Sync your Windows
mobile device with Linux. I got mine to work with Synce. Their user
mailing list is very helpful too. If you have Ubuntu and Evolution, it
works great. Check it out:

http://www.synce.org/moin/

Now as far as MythTV, I read that some people have been able to get the
same type of TV card to work with it; however, I'm kind of intimidated
by the installation procedure for MythTV. I'm not that experienced with
Linux and I have already wasted a ton hours trying to make some things
work. Besides, I agree that since one of my programs picks up the TV
card, somehow Linux can detect it, I just need to find out how to point
the right device to the right program. I had read somewhere that there
is a way to configure video devices, but I just don't know how. I'm sure
that at some point I will get it to work. I will be sure to let you all
know.

Many thanks,

Juan