[UbuntuDallas] Video issues

Joshua K goodtimetribe at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 23:14:16 GMT 2010

I've dug a little but not had much success searching for this issue for you.

it's probably not just Ubuntu that's the "problem" here. the issue
probably applies to many different flavors. NTLUG may have a more
diverse group that has had experience with this and could probably point
you in the right direction. As much as I hate referring you to another
group, NTLUG's been pretty good to me. Also, http://www.superuser.com is
fantastic for assistance.

since xsane sees it, the kernel knows about it and that's a good start.

here's a good article about using Kaffeine with a DVB complaint TV tuner

http://userbase.kde.org/Kaffeine-TV

With many things in linux, i've just had to kind of resign myself with
"maybe it'll get better/fixed in the future" (and wow, patience has paid
off in many ways). I know how it is though, and I've still never
synchronized my Windows mobile phone with Linux. However, some of the
progress in Windows hasnt been as quickly as I had expected/hoped
either. Sometimes I just make a point to keep checking back and
searching. persistence can be rewarding too :)

good luck, Jaun,