[UbuntuDallas] Video issues

Joshua K goodtimetribe at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 17:23:27 GMT 2010

would xorg.conf really be helpful? it sounds like he's using KDE (the
mention of Kaffeine?) and if it is, wouldnt he just change the order of
the devices in the settings manager? I had to re-arrange things there
for it to properly choose which of my multiple sound cards to use as my
priority. I don't have one of those cards so I couldn't say from
previous experience, but xorg.conf usually handles just X display
settings (number of heads/screens/video cards/resolution) worst case
scenario if xorg.conf was the issue, he should be able to rename it and
let xorg create a new one.