[UbuntuDallas] Video issues

Brandon Perry bperry.volatile at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 03:04:25 GMT 2010

Could you please give us your xorg.conf? Also, the forums would probably
give you a much better response.

On Feb 5, 2010 8:59 PM, "Juan Collao" <collao at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

 Hello,

My name is Juan and I'm relatively new to Ubuntu. Although I have had some
great results with Linux, I have also had my fair share of frustrations.
Having said that, I'm not going back to WIndows. The main difficulty I've
had with Linux is that I have not been able to get my video sources to work
properly. Particularly, I have a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-950 that used to work
great with WIndows XP, but I have not been able to make it work with Linux.
I have researched this issue to death with no positive results. I thought
that http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-950 would have
the answer, but no luck.

I think that somehow Ubuntu has my video sources mixed up. When I tried to
open XSane to scan an image, it would pick up the TV card, but when I went
to Kaffeine to choose a TV card, I would see my scanner as the video source.
Also, when I open Cheese Webcam, it my webcam doesn't work. Could it be that
all of these are USB connections and Ubuntu doesn't detect them
automatically? Any ideas? I have been stuck with this for months now. I
would greatly appreciate any help with this.

Regards,

Juan