[UbuntuDallas] Texas Team Initiative and Activity

jonathan jjnova at gamecootie.com
Sat Nov 7 22:17:41 GMT 2009

There is no Texas Team for Ubuntu. I'm not sure what has happened in the
past, but I assure there is no elitist attitude amongst users in the
Dallas Team. The majority of us just like free software, helping people
out, and drinking beer. Mostly the latter part of that statement. I
congratulate your success in moderating such a large user group. It's
quite impressive. We at the Dallas Team have lost our official Ubuntu
website, and have been unable to publish anything regarding local events
aside from on our Wiki page, which generally doesn't get used for that.
If you would send me your mailing list information, I will gladly
subscribe. I love meeting new people in the region. My comment regarding
the 'less than professional' CD's was in regards to the LoCo Teams in
Texas being refused the LiveCD's we were provided in the past unless we
formed an Ubuntu-Tx.