[UbuntuDallas] Lots of Things Underway!

Long Diep deathmiata at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 04:22:50 BST 2007

Happy summer to all of you on the Ubuntu Dallas mailing list! I hope
your summers haven't been rained out with this unusually wet summer. I
want to make note of a few things with this e-mail.

The Free Software Freedom Day events are upon us, but we need everyone
to help if they can. It's a day to raise awareness for free and open
source apps which more information can be found here:
http://softwarefreedomday.org/ We have a few people in the forums who
are helping but any help in regards to bringing a convention to Dallas
would be good. Shawn will send a request for event to get event schwag
only if there's a big enough request for us to host the event. We need
people to assist the venue as well as ideas! Check out what we have
thrown out as ideas here:
http://dallas.ubuntu-us.org/index.php?module=pnForum&func=viewtopic&topic=45

I would also like to let every one know that the IRC room is active. If
you would like to join us for fun social discussions as well as
technical Linux help questions, feel free to drop on it! Check us out on
irc.freenode.net/ under channel #ubuntu-dallas We would be glad to see
you all there!

That's all I have for now, if anyone has questions feel free to drop me
a line by e-mail!

Long - ZeroXR