ubuntu-us-tn Impressions of Unity

Be Netritious netritious at gmail.com
Thu May 26 15:27:46 UTC 2011

Wesley,

I haven't formed an opinion but there is quite a bit of FUD about Ubuntu
and Unity.

I use LTS (Lucid and Hardy) so haven't been exposed to unity, but I'm
sure I will in 12.04 LTS. From what I understand though newer versions
of Ubuntu will use unity but can fall back to Gnome, so I don't
understand the FUD other than it's just more anti-FreeSoftware propaganda.

Which is why I was asking, but more concisely...

Does the FUD surrounding Ubuntu and Unity have any merit from your
perspective? It's a loaded question but worth asking for curiosities
sake IMHO.

Rich