ubuntu-us-tn Tennessee Team Leadership

jhaitas at gmail.com jhaitas at gmail.com
Thu May 21 20:14:44 BST 2009

Esteemed Tennessee Team Members,

Apologies for the formatting of my previous message, here it is in plain text.

I am writing on behalf of active members in #ubuntu-us-tn on Freenode. Collectively, we are concerned that our team has lost contact with the individuals holding official leadership roles. The primary concern is that we are unable to utilize traditional means of mobilizing the LoCo.

In our LoCo #ubuntu-us-tn is where the proverbial rubber meets the road. The founder of our IRC channel on Freenode (#ubuntu-us-tn) is Matthew Craig (m-c) - he has not been present for several months now and has moved out of state. It seems possible to change our IRC founder. At the very least we would like to appoint multiple active and responsible members to OP status for the purposes of changing the channel's topic and any other responsibilities incurred by an OP.

Critical to LoCo team operation is Launcpad administration. The owner of the Tennessee Team on Lauchpad is Michael Berger (tideline) - he too has been out of contact for several months now. We are trying to contact him to get some active members listed as "admins" for the team. If he fails to respond, we have recourse and will use alternative means to resolve the issue.

Our team's most vocal leader, Don Harper (w4ett), has been out of contact for several months now. He did a great job mobilizing the team and organizing meetings. His presence in our team has been noticeably missed. In Don's absence our LoCo needs to reorganize.

We would like to reestablish regular meeting times. We currently have a poll at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1145150 - please vote if you haven't already. Currently we have a majority in favor of monthly meetings. It is in the LoCo's best interest to establish a regular meeting time that allows maximal participation from active team members.

We propose a meeting Tuesday, June 2nd at 7pm CDT. The meeting will take place in #ubuntu-meeting on Freenode. We will utilize mootbot to provide a summary to this mailing list. Primarily we will address the team's lack of leadership. We will reach consensus about which people will fill the aforementioned roles (IRC OPs and Launchpad admins).

We hope to see you June 2nd at 8pm Eastern/7pm Central (-600 UTC) in #ubuntu-meeting on Freenode.

Best Regards,
John (pace_t_zulu)

--
John Haitas