ubuntu-us-tn Meeting tonight

Joseph Fennell josephfennellster at gmail.com
Fri May 1 02:47:12 BST 2009

Just got done reading the log of tonight's meeting, and just  few things from
the Memphis end (as well as some input).

"Officially" there is a lug in Memphis (GOLUM), but as far as I can tell there
hasn't been much formal activity as of late everything on it's google group
has primarily been about selling older systems.

I like the idea of monthly meetings, but I also think a weekly brainstorming
session could be put to good use.

'sub' LoCo's have a lot of potential even beyond social calls, for spreading
awareness of FOSS in the different regions and as I stated early I have the
time to be a point of contact for the Memphis area.

I feel like a release party for 9.10 has great potential especially since it
is about 5 months away.  We could do it as a road trip style or work with
area lugs to have an Ubuntu representation for instalfests.

Also how long should we wait until we decide if new leadership is going to be
a necessity and how should we go about deciding that leadership.  In addition
if we decide that new leadership is necessary maybe we should draft
a 'constitution' of sorts to set up a formal precedent on how leadership
should be chosen, how long terms of leadership should be etc (maybe we should
work on setting that up even if new leadership isn't required just to ensure
fresh visions throughout the years).

Hope these ideas could be put to constructive use and hope to be able to make
the next meeting.

Joseph Fennell