ubuntu-us-tn Gaining Admin Access to Loco Mailing List

Zach Gibbens infocop411 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 19:48:45 BST 2009

    Actually it's worse than 5 months, Dec. 24 2008 meeting we were
starting this with attempts to contact a few people, we were attempting
to contact tideline via the point of contant info in the wiki (which was
to the best of our knowledge current) we lost focus & direction for a
time being
    (w4ett had gone missing, we attempted to contact him, he responded
after awhile (Health issues complicated things, no action was taken in
removing him due to his reason & as it turned out, was actually helping
the LoCo by approving new & renewing members, which somehow the rest of
us missed & did help us stay active enough to keep focus & lead to this
desire to straighten out this mess)
    we had attempted to contact an admin (unrelated to the mailing list,
& not Tideline but none the less relevant for the background) we
received a less than desirable reply, which summing it up was no longer
willing to help.
    after perusing this again (the first round of emails were seeking
involvement, the current set was requesting admin access to the mailing
list) as stated below, we were willing to have him as an admin too at
that time, however this uncooperative position led to the loco
leadership council to have the currently elected leadership manage it.

(Just thought I should give a more detailed background, w4ett explained
it in great detail, but I thought that we've actually been trying to
reach him further back & the only replies we receive are due to a
non-member in a position to deal with the issue, to my count that's one
email since December 2008 (when I got involved here) & further back on
w4ett's count)

Zach Gibbens
infocop411 & cyberanger

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 11:47 AM, Don Harper <w4ett at comcast.net