ubuntu-us-tn Community Council Meeting - Requesting Assistance

Matthew Craig matthew.t.craig at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 08:11:27 BST 2007

Tennessee LoCo Team,

In efforts to get the member issues addressed, such as having no new
member approvals, having memberships expire, and getting our team web
page updated, I put together a wiki stating the issue and
recommendations.  We can present this information to the Community
Council, which should encourage council members to provide a solution.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TennesseeTeam/TeamMembershipIssue

I will be out of town at the Open Minds conference in Indiana this
week, where we'll be promoting Free Software solutions to educators.
Since I will be AFK, would someone else champion our cause by
representing us at the Community Council meeting?

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CommunityCouncilAgenda

The meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, 9 October, 2007 at 18:00:00 UTC
and will be held in #ubuntu-meeting on irc.freenode.net.  That's 3 PM
Central Daylight Time.

This should provide a short-term fix for our team membership issue,
while we iron out the remaining team administration duties.

Thanks for your help and active participation,

Matthew Craig

P.S. Special thanks to Elizabeth and Neal for their assistance
navigating the channels of the Community Council procedures and
embodying the spirit of Ubuntu by being generally great LoCo mentors.
Without their advise and guidance, we would not have ramped up so
quickly and generated so many forward-thinking ideas in our IRC
discussions.