ubuntu-us-tn Sharing Ubuntu files with Windows XP machine

Cecil Thomas wcthomas at chartertn.net
Sun Nov 12 22:32:57 GMT 2006

Scott,
Thanks so much for the quick reply.

Do you mean a terminal on the Linux box or a terminal on the XP box??
I assume you mean on the Linux box.
Wife is calling for supper so will try in a bit and let you know.

I guess you've already figured out that I'm pretty much a novice at this stuff.
I got pretty comfortable with Unix on a Sun system at work about 15 years
ago but it has been over 10 years since I've used a unix type system.
I am using Ubuntu and EMC2 to operate a small CNC mill and I am having to
jump in to what is sometimes a little over my head.  Good news is when I
screw up there is little harm done!
maybe a broken tool or a slightly smaller piece of scrap aluminum.

Thanks again
Cecil