ubuntu-us-tn Sharing Ubuntu files with Windows XP machine

Scott Mosier mrmosier at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 22:12:37 GMT 2006

Try typing (in a terminal) "sudo smbpasswd -a" and then your username. It
should ask you for your password, and this has worked for me in the past to
enable users on my Ubuntu machines. You may also have to add your home
folder to the list of "shared" folders (found within the "Administration"
menu under "System." Let me know if this helps.

Scott B. Mosier
mrmosier at gmail.com
Registered Linux User #393365
"Ideas are bulletproof." - V