ubuntu-us-tn Sharing Ubuntu files with Windows XP machine

Cecil Thomas wcthomas at chartertn.net
Sun Nov 12 22:07:43 GMT 2006

I am trying to share files on my Ubuntu machine in my shop with my windows
xp-home machine in the house over a local network.

I have installed Samba on the Ubuntu machine.

I can see and use the files on my windows machine from the Ubuntu machine.

I can see the Ubuntu machine on my local domain from the windows machine but
  when I click on the Ubuntu machine from the Windows machine I get a login
window asking for user and password.

None of my usual names or password combinations works and I can't find a
place in Ubuntu or Samba to set the user and password for access.

Help!!

Thanks,

Cecil