SD LoCo Activity

Ubuntu South Dakota LoCo Team ubuntu-us-sd at lists.ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 13 20:18:57 BST 2009

> Hi Michael, and others,
> I *might* be able to get something going here at Augie... we have a very
> active CS department.  I'm sure that there are plenty of Ubuntu users
> out there.
That sounds great.

> Michael, if you're paying extra for the LoCo site, we could definitely
> decommission that.  What about the bot? What are you paying to keep that
> online?  I can't afford much, but a few dollars a month would be fine.
I'm not paying anything for it. I don't intend to tear anything down.

> I'm thinking that, instead of trying to build a pan-South-Dakotan
> unified "community", we can start by getting users together in our local
> communities, such as our respective educational institutions.  Then, we
> could collaborate over the internet.  It might be months before we would
> even *need* a meeting over IRC.
That sounds like a good idea. I think we should chat sometime about developing
a roadmap in some way. I've been thinking about this and perhaps I just put too
much push in the beginning and when I got busy it got to be too much to handle.

> I could take over the responsibilities, if you like. I could be on IRC
> at least a few hours on weekdays and most of the day weekends.
Sorry I missed you online, it was eating time.
I gave you OP rights in the channel and I will give you admin to the LP team.
I miss working with you on it. I'm guessing we just both got that busy.

> -Phillip A.
>

> On Tue, 2009-10-13 at 07:32 -0500, Ubuntu South Dakota LoCo Team wrote:

- --
Michael Lustfield
Kalliki Software

Network and Systems Administrator