Samba problem

Robert robertg at rushmore.com
Sun Aug 10 09:48:45 BST 2008

From: Doug Jennewein
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2008 9:38 PM
To: Ubuntu South Dakota LoCo Team
Subject: Re: Fw: Samba

Hi Doug et al,

I have gotten most of Samba to work.  I can get to Linux1 (Imaginative name huh?) from my windows server and read documents etc.  When I go to the network in Linux1 I see the workgroup and then the networked machines when I click on "Workgroup".  I cannot see any of the many shares I have created in windows on my server from Linux1 which is my Ubuntu machine.  I can enter "Roberts" but that widow for showing shares is empty.  I have done all of the file sharing stuff for windows and can see all of the shares on any of the windows machines on my network from any windows machine on my network.  Just can't see 'em in  the Ubuntu machine.  I can see the computers and ping them, just can't see anything in them from Linux1, my Ubuntu machine.

Thank you very much for your assistance thus far.

Anybody in Rapid?  Give me a call or drop me an email please.  I'd like to get to know my neighbors.

Robert Goulding
625 South Street
Rapid City, South Dakota
                     57701-3633