Follow-up to 10-26-11 IRC meeting

Shay Walters ShayW at controlmanagement.com
Fri Oct 28 17:26:51 UTC 2011

I was looking through the logs from the meeting Wednesday night and I have
a couple of additions:

    One person asked where the SouthEast LinuxFest was going to be held
next year.  June 8-10, 2012 - Blake Hotel - Charlotte, NC
    We had looked at quite a few places including Greenville, Spartanburg,
Atlanta, Charlotte and even Birmingham.   The selection process was quite
lengthy and I don't want to write several pages describing how we ended up
with Charlotte, but that is what we decided on.  The website
http://www.southeastlinuxfest.org/ still has SELF-2011 info on it, but the
2012 website should be up soon with the new info.

    There was some discussion about handing out Ubuntu CDs at various
tech-oriented get-togethers.  I would like to offer some SouthEast
LinuxFest lanyards for anyone who wants other things to hand out.  The
quantity pricing we had the first two years left us with quite a few left
over.
  I'm in Columbia, but I can get things to other areas in the state pretty
easily.  My business has offices in Columbia, Greenville, Charleston
(Hanahan), and Myrtle Beach.  So as long as I get enough notice, I could
get a package of lanyards to one of those offices, and then it could be a
local trip to pick them up.  So if you have an event where you think it
would be good to have some SELF lanyards to hand out, drop me a line and
let me know where you need them and about how many.  My idea here is that
these lanyards will act as reminders and/or advertisements for SELF, and
they are already paid for, so we might as well get some use out of them.

Shay Walters