Ubuntu-us-sc Digest, Vol 26, Issue 1

Jeremy Bicha jbicha at ubuntu.com
Fri Oct 28 01:13:30 UTC 2011

On Oct 27, 2011 9:56 AM, "Shay Walters" <ShayW at controlmanagement.com> wrote:

> After reading over this after writing it, it sounds a bit like a rant.
> It's not intended to be.  Just consider it constructive criticism.
> ========
> Um...  In case you didn't know...  When you send the notice out 20 minutes
> before the meeting, those of us who are signed up for the daily digest
> from the mailing list don't get the notice until the next day.  (Note
> times in quoted message below.)
>    You didn't give any details about where the meeting was to be.  I
> probably have something saved somewhere that would tell me where you do
> your IRC meetings (at least I'm assuming IRC).
>    As it turned out, I wouldn't have been able to be in front of a
> computer right at that time anyway.   What was the meeting about?  Any
> minutes or chat logs available?  We could get quite a bit accomplished by
> discussing things via this mailing list without tying people to having to
> be online and free for chat at certain times like IRC requires.
>
> So to sum up, if the mailing list isn't an option for some reason, how
> about a notice like this:  Next week, Wednesday Octemberary 33rd at 8PM,
> we'll be having an IRC chat on irc.freenode.net channel #scubuntu to
> discuss software freedom day activities in SC.

The log can be found at
http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2011/10/27/%23ubuntu-us-sc.html and
http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2011/10/27/%23ubuntu-us-sc.html The official
chat channel is #ubuntu-us-sc on freenode which is usually very quiet
but a couple of us loiter there.

Unfortunately, this IRC meeting was only announced in the forums
(which I personally don't tend to read). So even though it was late
notice, the mailing list announcement was better than not at all. I
agree with your main point though. Jesse (Flare183), please try to
remember the mailing list in the future.

If you have a forums account, you can click Forum Tools to subscribe
to all threads in the forum if you like.

http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=311

Jeremy